What is Kobo Deluxe?
Kobo Deluxe is an enhanced version of Akira Higuchi's game XKobo for Un*x systems with X11. Kobo Deluxe adds sound, smoother animation, high resolution support, OpenGL acceleration (optional), an intuitive menu driven user interface, joystick support and other features. Recent versions also add a number of alternative skill levels with slightly modernized gameplay. Kobo Deluxe uses SDL for graphics, sound and input, which makes it possible to build and run the game on pretty much anything.
I want to play!
If you're on Windows, you can now play it in your browser! If you're on another platform, or just prefer the usual download and install, check out the download page, or try one of these:
What do I need?
A computer with graphics and some sort of operating system. Sound is optional. Kobo Deluxe has been known to run on the following platforms:
- Windows 7 (x86_64)
- Windows Vista (x86_64)
- Windows 2000/XP (x86)
- Windows 95/98/ME (x86)
- Mac OS X (x86, PPC)
- GNU/Linux (x86, x86_64, PPC, PPC64, ARM)
- Dingoo A320
- PlayStation 2 Linux
- BeOS (x86, PPC)
- AmigaOS (68k, PPC)
- Solaris (x86, SPARC)
- QNX (x86)
- OpenBSD (i386, macppc, sparc, sparc64)
- FreeBSD (x86)
- NetBSD (x86)
Please tell me if you've played Kobo Deluxe on something not in the list above!
Does it fit in my pocket?
Yes! One of these might save some Kobo addicts from dragging laptops around:
- PalmKobo - A Palm OS port, based on XKobo and Kobo Deluxe. Runs on Palm OS 3.5 or later.
- PocketKobo - An XKobo port for Pocket PC 2002 and Pocket PC 3.0. Runs on Toshiba e570, Casio E-125 and others.
- koboG - An in-progress Kobo remake for GP32.
- Kobo Deluxe - for Nokia internet tablets.